Quiet Title Actions
A quiet title is when there is a dispute regarding ownership of a home or any personal property that has a title. An action to quiet title is when parties that believe that the title is theirs will go to a court where there is jurisdiction over property. Here the two parties will obtain a legal judgement of ownership.
Examples for reason for quiet title action:
- If acquiring a title through possession for a period of time under specific conditions and a new owner sues to receive the title in their own name.
- A forged deed that gave fraudulent conveyance.
- Torrens title registration.
- A title is claimed by a district(city, state) instead of back taxes that are owed.
- Boundary disagreements
- Surveying oversight
- A seller of property passes away before a sale is finalized.
If you have a title dispute, the attorneys here at LeBaron and Jensen will work vigorously to protect you and your rights to the property. Our firm can assist you in clearing the title from your name or otherwise protesting your property title or rights to a boundary to property.